Sunday 15 February 2015

A Day of Love!

Valentine's Day is one of those days that everyone either loves or loathes! There isn't A LOT of in-between!

But….I have to say that I am one of those in-betweeners!

I find nothing wrong with taking a day to love a little extra! I don't completely believe in the commercialization of the holiday and overpaying for chocolates, flowers & dinners but I absolutely believe that everyone deserves love and there shouldn't be a day that goes by that we don't express that!

So, I think that Valentine's Day is a great day to just put love out into the world in general! That might mean simply holding the door open for someone else {which I did yesterday}, sharing smiles with a passerby, responding with thanks and appreciation if you are out somewhere, even messaging an old friend to check in or calling your family and friends to let them know that you love them!

Those things are all priceless - no dollar value is attached! No reason why we can't all practice kindness!

I have to say though, my man spoiled me! I didn't expect it AT ALL!

We were supposed to head up to Yorkton for his Volleyball Tournament and instead I woke up to Orchids {my ABSOLUTE favourite flower}, a beautiful and thoughtful card that made me cry, some chocolates {oops!} and a bottle of wine {since trying different wines is something I really enjoy} all around rose petals!



He planned a day just for us!

We aren't a couple that goes out a lot. We don't go on fancy dates & are so far from romantic! Our idea of a perfect date is playing pool, having some greasy food & a couple drinks! We spend our Sundays running errands and most nights on the couch! That's us and I love it!

Now and again though - bringing back some romance is very healthy!

First off he made me a delicious omelette for breakfast & my Chocolate Shakeology {Of course!}



& Then he told me that he had a day planned for us and it was a surprise so I had to get ready and we would go! YES -- even in the god awful blizzard!!! 

I would NOT say no to that!! 

So first he took me to The Aware House! We just recently discovered this gem - and I have completely fell in love! This store has the most amazing energy and I love being able to bring that into my own home. I've been opening myself up to being more spiritual - practicing meditation - bringing crystals into my home & wearing them around my neck! I have such a deep burning desire to learn more and more about surrounding myself with the right energy. We truly attract what we put out into the universe - try it! Try putting positive energy out there & I promise you, that is what you will receive back! 


This is my new Salt lamp that I now have on my desk -- I am obsessed with it! It's exactly what I needed in my working space! 

You'll also see my new crystal called Selenite! 
- Calming & deepens meditation
- Good for mental clarity & gives good judgement
- Opens the crown chakra
- Helps accessing information from past lives
- Aids in clairvoyance
- May extend one's lifespan
- Good for muscles & skin
- May be helpful in serious illnesses such as cancer
- Place around your home for protection against negativity

& my Ganesha {Removes Obstacles}! 
The lord of success, intelligence, wisdom, education, prudence, luck and fortune. He is the remover of obstacles and the destroyer of evil. He is also known as the patron of arts and science. He is honoured with affection at the start of any ritual or ceremony and invoked as the "Patron of Letters" at the beginning of any writing. 

I also got my self a Blank Onyx crystal necklace, its for:
- wise decision-making 
- enhances self control
- banishes grief
- centers and aligns the whole person with higher powers
- enhances and heightens intuitive abilities
- balances yin/yang
- grounding & protective

It does NOT stop there though!! 

Next my man took me to somewhere I have NEVER been before - the Antique Mall! OH MY GOSH! 

IN LOVE!!!! 

I never knew that this place existed much less was going to be as amazing as it was!! 

We spent a lot of time in there & I can promise you that I will be going back time and time again! 




Derek even met Mel Gibson! NEAT! 



Look at the goodies that I came home with!! 



I wanted these for my desk! I wanted to create a vintage feel & I couldn't resist picking up this runner & gorgeous decor items! I am going to get some fake flowers and finish it off :) I am SO excited!!!!! 

I got the Tall vase for $10, the floral vase {I know it's not actually a vase - but I'm making it into one} from $40 down to $25 {yes, they EVEN barter with you}, and the runner for $7!! 

$44 WELL spent! 

This was one of the most surprising, thoughtful and wonderful things that I have ever had done for me! 

It was great! 

Then he even took me out for lunch to Victoria's Tavern! If you haven't been there - GO! Go now! 

I spoiled myself with a cheat meal! I had a Caesar - it was DELISH & Chicken fingers {of course!!} 



& I don't even feel guilty about it :) 

After lunch, he took me to Chapters because well, I LOVE it there!!! 

Seriously, who doesn't like getting a good book to read?! 



Being a coach has opened me up to a whole new world - Personal Development! 

I think that is the BEST thing about being a Beachbody coach - this company is built with leaders who invest their time by growing who they are as people in order to help others! 

I have many many books that I need to read but I couldn't help myself! This one is all about the law of attraction and putting the energy out into the world that you want to receive back! If you want success - put that out there! If you want positivity - put that out there! You might surprise yourself and find by simply changing your mind thought - what you want will come to you! 

I can't wait to dig into this!! 

We ended the day at our favourite place - home - on the couch! 

We watched Glee {my guilty pleasure}, had some supper & he gave me a massage! 

He even got Princess Penelope a rose! Which she LOVES! Carried it around all morning! 


He's just the cutest!! 


I am ONE damn lucky girl! Today was so much more than I ever expected! He thought about who I am and what I love in every which way - he truly treated me like a princess when I was okay with having some breakfast, playing some call of duty and couch surfing it for the day! 



Words cannot describe how much I love this man! He has been so supportive of my dreams and my goals! He makes sacrifices so I can work on building us a fabulous life! He compromises with me & makes me laugh! He makes me smile every single day - he's the best cat dad & always make sure I know how much he loves me! 

He's my absolute best friend in the world, he's my favourite travelling partner & home is wherever I am with him! 

I am SUCH a lucky gal & I would do anything for him! 

This day was amazing all because of him! Feeling very very blessed! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS