Thursday 7 January 2016

HAMMER & CHISEL JOURNEY - Day Three


3 days in and I am getting the swing of things now. Starting a fitness journey is TOUGH! I've been a coach for 16 months and working out fairly consistent this entire time BUT that doesn't mean it was an easy peasy transition into this program and lifestyle. I am human - surprised hey?! So, I make mistakes, fall off and SPOILER ALERT---> never truly followed my meal plan 100%. I lived a 80/20 balance and believed in all my favourites in moderation (which I still do) and I am a condiment queen so even though I'd eat healthy I'd find myself squeezing mayo or sauces onto things that I just shouldn't have been. Through this program I made a promise to myself to follow my meal plan to a T - no cheats for 60 days and no putting garbage into me of any kind! Why do that when I believe in a 80/20 lifestyle? Well, because this year I am being fearless. That doesn't mean just jumping off of a building or getting a crazy new do. It means that I am fearless in challenging myself and I NEED to be challenged. I give up easily and I make too many mistakes sometimes with my laziness. I need to prove to myself that I CAN do hard things and that for 60 days I can say goodbye to junk and condiments and just fuel my body with what it needs. My body deserves 60 days of that - I deserve to know that I CAN do it! And I am. It may only be day 3 and I may have had some mad cravings (more due to the convenience of eating unhealthy) but I also have never felt better!!! My results ALREADY are insane!!!!!!!!! I wish I could show you but you'll have to wait a bit longer! :) 


Now, some people may read this and say - "Well, why be so strict on yourself? Live a little!" Which is a fair statement and let me just share again that I DO usually live a little hahaha - maybe sometimes too much. I do believe that in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle it's important to still indulge now and again and to eat your favourites in moderation because eating 100% healthy every day for the rest of your life isn't very realistic. But I also believe that we are capable of getting rid of it as well! There was a time where fast food restaurants didn't exist and when chemicals weren't pumped into all of our foods. There was a time that a "treat" meal meant an expensive piece of meat or vibrant veggies! I believe we CAN go back to that. I BELIEVE that with some hard work and challenging ourselves and working at it one day at a time we can change our mindsets, taste buds, what our body loves and get rid of all the crap that we put in our bodies! I believe we can take a stand against companies that cause us and our families cancer because of the preservatives, chemicals and junk they put in their foods by changing our habits and saying "NO" to it instead! Isn't THAT what loving ourselves really is? Treating our bodies properly?!

I don't know. Maybe I'm out to lunch but that's how I feel. I don't believe in starving yourself or restricting yourself to be skinny but I do believe in making better choices to be stronger and live longer and healthier! So, I am currently challenging myself to do JUST that! :)

Plus - I will be able to indulge on my trip - that is my reward! :)

So how did day 3 go?! That's probably why you're here reading anyway right?!

WELL! My entire body is hurting (and I love it) - I'm beginning to figure out how to get all of my containers in a day (still need to work on proper timing) and I am feeling so great! I don't wake up groggy and gross from the food I ate the night before. I have a lot more alertness and drive to be productive! My bloat has significantly decreased, actually it's completely gone. Other than a bit of cravings late at night, I'm doing really well with viewing food as fuel! I am getting stronger through my workouts and today I actually dropped the excuses and just DID it!! So overall - day 3 was a success!!

Workout of the day: Iso Strength Chisel (I believe.. maybe I'm making it up)
Length: 25 minutes
Focus: 10 reps with 10 second holds X3 sets each!
It was CHALLENGING!!!!! Those holds really test you but also are what give you the results! I have room to improve for sure and couldn't hold the push ups so I did forearm planks instead for those holds but it worked your entire body! It was my favourite out of the 3 days! But BARF on the chin ups and holds - WHAT IS THAT!!!

Since my meal plan is pretty repetitive for days, I'm trying to just update you on things you may have not seen me eat yet! Who wants to see the same thing over and over again haha?!



Snack: 1 purple container of Grapes & 1 orange container of pumpkin seeds!


Supper: Was a tad random ... I had a bunch of left over containers so, I just made it work! I had what was left of the spaghetti squash with hot sauce for a green & a ancient grain organic bread sandwich with gmo-free, gluten-free, fat-free, and free of all the other junk and chemicals turkey and 1 blue container of cheese and then I used Parmesan Olive Oil (from Oliv) on the side as a dip! I LOVE DIP! Derek also had tomato juice as a purple so I used some of that for my sandwich as well! 


I wanted to share this photo that I made of all the food the ladies in our Hammer and Chisel test group have been sharing! This proves that there is NO "dieting" with what we do! It's ALL about real whole foods - no added salts and sugars - proper portions and eating clean, NOT starving!! These plates are vibrant and FULL! :) 



If you want to get FUN updates like this, follow me on snapchat: autumnbensette

This is my boyfriend Derek mid workout hahaha - I had to capture his pain! If you don't like foul language, then it's probably best to not watch this!




This is our chin up bar and where we do this portion of our exercises in our apartment. It's not a lot of room and clearly he is a bit tall but we make it work! After this he had to hold it for 10 seconds -- GROSS! 




That is ALL for today! :) Thank you so much for following and joining us on this journey. If you feel this would help anyone, please feel free to share! And don't forget to head over to : https://www.facebook.com/autumnbensettebbcoach/ to check out our daily video! :)

-- Coach Autumn XO




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS