Tuesday 5 January 2016

HAMMER & CHISEL - Day One



I bet by now you've seen PLENTY of people on your news feed begin this new program called Hammer and Chisel, and I am right there with them embarking on this 60 day journey. I decided to run a test group for this program (it's an online support and accountability group where my team and our challengers connect - we share our sweaty selfies - meal plans - recipes - motivation - videos - checkins - daily food intake - measurements and MORE! It's a safe place for us come and support each other while we CRUSH this program!) because I know we ALL can use extra motivation to get through the 60 days!

Hammer and Chisel is created by Autumn Calabrese (21 Day Fix & 21 Day Fix Extreme) & Sagi Kalev (Body Beast). They came together to create a whole NEW program  - taking it up about 10 notches. It's main focus is Strength - Stability and Power to give you unbelievable results and change your body composition like crazy. All these workouts can be done right at home and are 40 minutes and under! Talk about getting ripped while living a busy lifestyle - that is why I LOVE these programs so much and why I fell in love with it! It's SIMPLE & time-efficient!! Completely takes away the guess work AND puts time back into your day (good-bye 2 hour long gym sessions)!



What we needed:
- A bench (we got a Bowflex incline bench from Flaman Fitness for $225 on sale regular $299!) 
- 2 Sets of adjustable weights from Canadian Tire (they were $40 each and each dumbbell can go up to 40 pounds since we bought 2 packs) Most other weights were giving us quotes of upwards to $600! 
- A chin up Bar (Canadian tire)
- Stability Ball (got it free) 






















PREP

I have decided to make my meal plan week by week! I am also notorious for forgetting to eat all day or getting stressed if it's over complicated and then not eating at all. Awful - I know. SO, I decided to keep it simple and eat the same thing for a few days in a row! This may change as I continue on but especially to begin, I wanted to keep it as easy as I could so I stay on track! 


* Please feel free to use this if it will work for you! * 



Our First week Shopping Trip!



In my meal plan, I used a Hammer and Chisel dressing - this is the one that I used out of the nutrition guide (minus the tomatoes - we didn't have those haha)



My BEFORE photos! They are definitely a bit worse than I thought they would be. The holiday's got to me! It HAPPENED! I can't hide from it! BUT Derek and I will be heading on a vacation to Cruise Florida, Jamaica and Haiti thanks to Beachbody in March SO there is no going back - these 60 days ARE happening!

Starting Measurements:
Chest - 32.5 
R. Arm - 10.25
L. Arm - 10.25
Waist - 32.5
Hips - 36.5
R. Thigh - 21
L. Thigh - 21

Weight - 126 LBS


DAY ONE
The day started off STRONG! I woke up, dove right into personal development for over an hour to really work on growing who I am as a person - my mind and as a leader. I ate this delicious breakfast and practiced PiYo Live! 


Unfortunately as Derek came home a bit later from work the day took a bit of a turn - our kitten, Phil has been recently peeing on EVERYTHING of Derek's and around him. It's sporadic and we don't overly know why it's happening but he did it while he was on the phone with a client while I wasn't around - had no idea what was happening and then it turned into a big clean up and everyone frazzled. My workout got pushed back which meant so did my lunch and everything else! 

Needless to say, Day one didn't go exactly as planned, but that's life right?! Did it mean I gave up?! NOPE! We dealt with the mess - I talked Derek off a ledge and we got our workout on. 
It was HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first day was Balance Chisel where you definitely focus on stability - lower weights - proper form - plyometrics - and basically die. It was 40 minutes in length and thank god for that!! 
Close to the end Derek had to run his head under the water HAHA and then ended up like so ... 





He decided to try to come back and finish and ended up throwing up for about 5 minutes and had a bath! LOL Being that he's a personal trainer - I LOVE seeing him challenged!!!

MYSELF - I struggled! I had a bad right hip so some of the stability workouts I did have to modify as they gave me pain. I did MOST of everything as best as I could and as many reps as needed BUT I did have to do a few less on some. Honestly,  I'm not proud of that but I know that I'm only going to keep getting better! Did I feel like barfing - absolutely! BUT I HATEEEE puking so I did everything I could to make sure I didn't hahah!

Overall - It was a GREAT workout!! Workouts should be challenging otherwise results WON'T happen! I'm already so excited for day TWO!!


DAY ONE SUPPER:



I absolutely LOVED this!!! It's chicken, spaghetti squash and carrots! I love that this filled me up - didn't leave me feeling stuffed and gross but still satisfied. Spaghetti Squash acts like a carb but is a VEGGIE - how NEAT right?! I can't wait to have it again!!!


Day One is OFFICIALLY in the books!

Head over to my LIKE page and give me a follow there to keep up to date on our DAILY vlogs!






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS